Origin and Functions of Ayurveda
Ayurveda is one of the oldest forms of medical sciences of the world which came into existence more than 5000 years ago. “Ayurveda” is a Sanskrit word derived from the words “Ayur”, which means life, and “Veda” which means science or knowledge. It is a holistic healing system known to provide the best natural solution to all your ailments and to maintain good health of the body and mind.
Ayurveda deals with three fundamental bio-elements of the body i.e. Vata dosha (Air element), Kapha dosha (Water element), and Pitta dosha (Fire element). These are found in every person with one element being most dominant. The three elements are known to develop diseases in the body. Ayurvedic treatment helps to balance these doshas and increase body’s ability to resist and recover from diseases. The Ayurvedic system uses a wide range of alternative solutions from nature such as plant roots, leaves, seeds, bark, animal bones, etc., to naturally cure, heal and prevent diseases for a healthy life. Let us look at the various advantages of using Ayurvedic and herbal products in our day-to-day life.
KEY BENEFITS OF USING AYURVEDIC AND HERBAL PRODUCTS
- Made Using Natural Ingredients: The use of natural ingredients direct from nature is the key in Ayurvedic system. Ayurvedic products are bio-degradable and eco-friendly. They are non-toxic and no forms of chemicals are used in their making which can harm your health.
- Risk-free / No Side Effects: Ayurvedic and herbal products are completely safe to use by all and do not have any side effects on a person. Also, they can be safely used along with other conventional medicines and are non-invasive.
- Targets Holistic Health: Ayurvedic products offer a wide spectrum of benefits not only for the body, skin, and hair but also for the mind.
- Bounty Health Benefits: Ayurvedic products can help make digestion better, lose or gain weight, detoxify and cleanse the body, skin care and much more.
- Broad Scope of the Solution: The gentle techniques used in the Ayurvedic system not only focus on medication for an ailment but also on improving a person’s eating habits, restoring health and balance, and enhancing overall quality of life.
- Removes the Root Cause: Ayurvedic products work on the root cause of an ailment to provide a permanent solution. They may be slow but are effective in the long run.
- Treats Mild to Chronic Diseases and Psychological Disorders: Ayurvedic system provides effective treatment for psychological conditions like depression, and several mild to chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure, asthma, cancer, etc.
- Reduces Stress: A specific range of Ayurvedic medicines specially deals in providing relaxation, and reducing the burden and mental stress of daily lives that are capable of triggering many other health problems.
- Boosts Body’s Immune System: Ayurvedic medicines aim at restoring body’s own capability to keep a balance and fight diseases.
- Helps Cure Insomnia: Ayurveda can soothe and calm you down with straightforward tips and techniques that help cure a sleeping disorder or insomnia and induce peaceful sleep.
- Minimizes Inflammation: Ayurvedic treatments help reduce inflammation, manage and support digestive system by wiping out waste, and increase vitality.
- Hormonal and Overall Balance: The biggest advantage of Ayurveda is that it focuses on individualized treatment and improves the entire body, internally and externally. Ayurveda prescribes natural formations and various therapeutic treatments to help balance hormones naturally, resulting in a healthy menstrual cycle/pregnancy for women. When someone has emotional stress or health issues, physical activity, nutrition, and spiritual connection can recalibrate your body and promote balance.
Ayurvedic products have always impressed us with brilliant results because they focus on a person’s overall health and well-being by harmonizing the mind, body, and spirit. One can achieve total wellness by regularly using Ayurvedic products and maintaining a healthy diet. They are a much better alternative to other substitutes available in the market. So, go ahead and start using ayurvedic products to gain long-term health benefits.